Author Topic: I get very nervous when speaking...  (Read 151 times)

test

• View Profile
I get very nervous when speaking...
« on: August 28, 2016, 01:36:11 PM »
... and my hands sweat a lot... Any tips  :-[ ?

mpapis

• View Profile
Re: I get very nervous when speaking...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 01:56:10 PM »
speak more, slowly, role by role, sentence by sentence you will start feel at home a stage :)

galobo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 02:21:49 PM »
The fear of forgetting while delivering a speech is an un-needed fear. Do not fall into the trap of speaking without notes. USE notes and reduce the fear by a bit. At some point you will loose your fear of the audience and other fears (mis-pronouncing, bad grammar etc).. then try weaning yourself of notes.

When I say use notes, that does not mean read a script. I mean make 1 word note cards, or a speech skeleton that you can refer to. Practice with notes.. move them from hand to hand so you use both hands when speaking

mexicanadian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 05:00:51 PM »
Try using your hands to emphasize your words (this is called using gestures). This may help to avoid the sweaty reaction your nerves have brought on. 8)

Hélène

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 12:44:09 PM »
Oxygen is most important to think of. Breath deeply when you walk up to the stage. As this is a test, I won't go deeper now.

Steph

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 09:18:41 PM »
80 seconds before I get on stage my brain deletes it's hard drive and everything goes blank

Hélène

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 11:18:55 AM »
Hi Steph!
A quarter of the oxygen you breath in goes to your brains. When you get  nervous you tend to breath in less. Start breathing in deeply 5 min. before your speech. Now your brain can't go on lock down.
try it out!